Our Philosophy – What We Can Do For You
It is a well known fact that during their lifetime the majority of people have very limited contact with lawyers and the law. The few occasions that contact is made is probably to make a will, buy a house and maybe for a minor traffic matter.
On these occasions clients are often intimidated by the legal surroundings, the practitioners legalistic manner and appearance and the legal mumbo jumbo associated with the matter being handled.
Coupled with this is the horror story the client may have heard of legal fees and costs thus creating an atmosphere which is far from relaxed.
Plus Law has been established to offer shop-front law at affordable prices in plain English without the mumbo jumbo so that the clients will feel relaxed and no different to that of discussing repairs to their television or ordering steak from their friendly butcher.
By the use of modern electronic technology and shop-front face to face practice Plus Law offer a premier legal service at affordable prices.
Plus Law are The affordable lawyers with the common touch.
Our role as lawyers is to apply our cross section of legal experience to your problems and your business to provide cost effective legal advice that allows you to solve your legal problems in a timely and friendly manner and move on with your business and your life.
There is no doubt that solving legal problems or settling them in a timely fashion should be the absolute objective of all solicitors.
Value for Money
Very few law firms explain their hourly rates in their website’s. Too many staff working at high hourly rates is the cause of over servicing and over charging. Before any step is taken or advice given, we turn our mind to the cost and benefit to the client. This is reflected in practical advice which includes the cost of implementing any advice given.
Our hourly rates are competitive and set per hour depending on the complexity of the matter. We believe our rates are more than competitive with other law firms and the advice and service of our staff equal to none.
Our cost effectiveness arises from our legal experience which leads to prompt assessment of tasks. The quality of our work means that things are done once and done correctly, without the cost of the frills and button up boots so often associated with a law office.
We are more than happy to provide quotations on legal fees wherever possible. and prior to commencing a matter will provide a cost agreements and cost disclosure to the client.
Lawyers are sometimes accused of delay. We at Plus Law Pty Ltd are committed to have instructions acted upon as soon as they are received. We have implemented a computer system of time and case management to achieve efficiency and ensure your instructions are dealt with quickly and cases are finished as soon as possible.
This efficiency results in reduced costs. Only with our high standard of legal knowledge can we pledge to undertake matters with such a quick turnaround without the quality of work suffering.
What We Can Do For You
- Offer our first appointment free.
- Ensure that where possible, under the supervision of our solicitors, use law clerks to carry out simple matters at a far lesser hourly rate so that excessive hourly rates are not charged for simple tasks;
- Provide constant service to clients outside usual business hours;
- Provide regular updates to clients on the status of their file.
- Constantly provide free advice to clients as and when needed by clients as an extra service;
- Constantly advise clients on the best method of obtaining the quickest resolution of a dispute, whether that be by mediation, arbitration, collaborative law, informal meetings or court applications our objective is always to ensure that the quickest legal methods at the most affordable prices are adopted to suit each case to ensure the quickest outcome;
- In conjunction with the Collection Corporation Pty Ltd provide free advice on the best debt recovery methods for your problem on a no recovery no charge basis for the recovery of the debt and applying those procedures to debt recovery with the benefit of legal advice being provided at every stage.
- Provide free advice on the best debt recovery methods used by dedicated debt collection agencies and applying those procedures to debt recovery with the benefit of legal advice being provided at every stage.
- Where a matter is outside our expertise or area of practice we will refer a client to a practitioner experienced in this area of law or seek advice from a barrister practicing in this area. Our prime philosophy is to ensure that the client’s interest comes first…
Your Legal Matters
At Plus Law we understand that you need your solicitors to understand your matter, your priorities and your need for practical plain English legal advice.
We give you immediate advice on legal costs and your chances of success of any legal dispute or matter.
We recognise that your legal needs do not arise simply between 9am and 5pm on weekdays and we are available at all hours 7 days a week 365 days per year, and indeed encourage you to contact us at any time to obtain quick legal advice.
Reporting and Access
All of our staff is accessible both during and after office hours. Each client’s needs are different and we feel that in commercial matters familiarisation with your work practices is important to enable us to prepare advice tailored for you.
Therefore, we prefer to attend your business premises when possible and to regularly discuss our advice and documentation with you.
Our commitment is to pro-actively report as to the progress of each matter being handled by us. Updates, either written or over the telephone, are available for when you need them, such as before Board section meetings.